Rooted School is where students will begin their journey to financial freedom. As we prepare for our NOLA launch in fall 2017, while pursuing our mission in other parts of the country, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and expand viable career pathways for students.
In your role, you will be a lead architect in developing and curating our gen ed supports.
As the founding Assistant School Leader, you will work in-step with our founder to set a school-wide academic vision, coach instructional staff toward achieving that vision, and using a variety of data points to inform steps made toward that vision.
Above all, you will help us figure out the right balance between technology and the art of teaching.
- Demonstrates a passion for and commitment to Rooted’s mission and values
- Thrives in a startup environment (comfort with change and ambiguity, strong initiative)
- Success in managing or coaching teachers, specifically around instructional strategies, planning and assessment, and classroom culture
- Experience in writing, codifying, and/or reviewing curriculum
- At least three years’ experience teaching upper middle school and/or high school in a low-income or high needs population with a track record of outstanding academic results
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Experience in school(s) which rely heavily on project-based learning as a means to develop basic content knowledge and skills (preferred)
- Experience in school(s) which rely heavily on digital curriculum as a means to develop basic content knowledge and skills (preferred)
- Committed to researching and remaining abreast of best instructional practices that may advance our mission
- Strong project management skills (ability to manage lateral colleagues toward outcomes)
areas of responsibility include
- Create, Build + Maintain all Academic Systems: Leading all vision work during startup and beyond for academic goals, teacher development + support, curriculum, hr systems, and project management.
- Instructional Staff Support: Providing ongoing coaching and professional development for instructional team.
- Curriculum Development + Curation: Long-term planning and unit planning for project-based curriculum and supplemental course work for each subject in tandem with digital curriculum.
- Annual Goal Setting + Monitoring: With School Leader, develop a plan of action for the year. Ensure that all Rooted’s goals and academic decisions are grounded in student data and analysis.
- SPED and Response to Intervention: Overseeing all academic supports for students with special needs.
- Plan for Growth and Expansion: Potentially leading our plan to create a broader ecosystem of Rooted Schools in Greater New Orleans and beyond.
- Culture Creation: Every team member is responsible for helping establish Rooted’s culture among students, partners, and the community-at-large.
Competitive hourly rate set for moonlighting/consulting phase from Feb.’17 to May ’17. Once full-time, competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as comprehensive benefits package.
If you’re as excited about this as we are, email a cover letter, resume, and answers to the questions below to our founder/ceo at email@example.com
- Explain your greatest strength, with examples. Explain your greatest area of growth or weakness, with examples.
- What gives you the most energy? What drains you the most?
- Where would you like to be in your career 5 years from now?