Rooted School is where students will begin their journey to financial freedom. As we prepare for our NOLA launch in fall 2017, while pursuing our mission in other parts of the country, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and expand viable career pathways for students.
In your role you will be a lead architect in developing and curating our industry-focused, project-based learning.
As the Founding Developer Coach, you will work in-step with our founder and Assistant School Leader to set a school-wide problem-based vision for software development, coach students and staff toward achieving that vision, and use a variety of data points to inform steps toward that vision. Above all, you will help us get students to compete for the same jobs as college grads.
- Demonstrates a passion for and commitment to Rooted’s mission and values
- Thrives in a startup environment (comfort with change and ambiguity, strong initiative)
- Strong organization and planning skills
- At least three years of verifiable work experiences in the tech industry
- Experience with SQL and Schema Design
- At least three years of Ruby on Rails (or similar language) development
- One to three years of K-12 teaching experience (would be great)
- Git mastery (would be great)
- Knowledge of the hiring process for developers (would be great)
areas of responsibility include
- Create, Build + Maintain Programming PBL Academic Systems: Leading all vision work during startup phase and beyond for PBL goals, teacher development + support, curriculum, and project management.
- Instruction + Student Support: Leading daily learning experiences that guide students toward learning entry-level hard and soft skills while solving community problems.
- Curriculum Development + Curation: Long-term planning and unit planning for problem-based curriculum that guides students toward mastering entry-level hard and soft skills to work for our partners in software development.
- Annual Goal Setting + Monitoring: With School Leader and Assistant School Leader, developing a plan of action for the year. Ensuring that all Rooted’s goals and academic decisions are grounded in student data and analysis.
- Culture Creation: Every team member is responsible for helping establish Rooted’s culture among students, partners, and the community-at-large.
Competitive hourly rate set for moonlighting/consulting phase from Feb.’17 to May ’17. Once full-time, competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as comprehensive benefits package.
If you’re as excited about this as we are, email a cover letter, resume, and answers to the questions below to our founder/ceo at email@example.com
- Explain your greatest strength, with examples. Explain your greatest area of growth or weakness, with examples.
- What gives you the most energy? What drains you the most?
- Where would you like to be in your career 5 years from now?