Rooted School is where students will begin their journey to financial freedom. As we prepare for our fall 2017 launch in NOLA, fall 2019, launch in Indy, and pursuing our mission in other parts of the country, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and expand viable career pathways for students.
In your role, you will lead Rooted’s school launch in Indy. Starting with a residency in New Orleans during the 2017-2018 school year, you will learn the ins-and-outs of the Rooted model and tailor fit the model for the Indy landscape. During the 2018-2019 school year, you will have a planning year before you launch the first Rooted School in Indy during fall 2019.
As the founding School Leader for our Indy site, you will work in-step with our founder and CEO to lead a successful Indy launch, set a school-wide academic vision, coach instructional staff toward achieving that vision, and use a variety of data points to inform steps made toward that vision.
Above all, you will help us determine how we will use the vehicle of a school to drive widespread social impact.
- Demonstrates a passion for and commitment to Rooted’s mission and values
- Thrives in a startup environment (comfort with change and ambiguity, strong initiative)
- Success in managing or coaching teachers, specifically around instructional strategies, planning and assessment, and classroom culture
- Experience in writing, codifying, and/or reviewing curriculum
- At least three years’ experience teaching upper middle school and/or high school in a low-income or high needs population with a track record of outstanding academic results
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Experience in school(s) which rely heavily on project-based learning as a means to develop basic content knowledge and skills (preferred)
- Experience in school(s) which rely heavily on digital curriculum as a means to develop basic content knowledge and skills (preferred)
- Committed to researching and remaining abreast of best instructional practices that may advance our mission
- Strong project management skills (ability to manage lateral colleagues toward outcomes)
areas of responsibility include
- Create, Build + Maintain all Academic Systems: Leading all vision work during startup and beyond for academic goals, teacher development + support, curriculum, hr systems, and project management.
- Instructional Staff Support: Providing ongoing coaching and professional development for instructional team.
- Curriculum Development + Curation: Long-term planning and unit planning for project-based curriculum and supplemental course work for each subject in tandem with digital curriculum.
- Annual Goal Setting + Monitoring: With CEO, develop a plan of action for the year. Ensure that all Rooted’s goals and academic decisions are grounded in student data and analysis.
- Plan for Growth and Expansion: Potentially leading our plan to create a broader ecosystem of Rooted Schools in Indy and beyond.
- Culture Creation: Every team member is responsible for helping establish Rooted’s culture among students, partners, and the community-at-large.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as comprehensive benefits package.
If you’re as excited about this as we are, email a cover letter, resume, and answers to the questions below to our founder/ceo at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explain your greatest strength, with examples. Explain your greatest area of growth or weakness, with examples.
- What gives you the most energy? What drains you the most?
- Where would you like to be in your career 2-5 years from now?