Indy School Leader Fellowship (DEADLINE is February 9th @ 6pm CT)
In your role, you will lead Rooted’s school launch in Indianapolis. Starting with a residency in New Orleans during the 2018-2019 school year, you will learn the ins-and-outs of the Rooted model and mold it for the Indy landscape. During the 2019-2020 school year, you will have a planning year before you launch the first Rooted School in Indy during fall 2020.
As the founding School Leader for our Indy site, you will work in-step with our founder and CEO to lead a successful launch.
Above all, you will help us determine how we will fulfill the Rooted Promise. This might not work. It might not be fun. I hope you’ll do it anyway.
- Demonstrates a passion for and commitment to Rooted's mission
- Thrives in a startup environment (mainly comfort with change and ambiguity, strong initiative)
- Success in managing or coaching teachers, specifically around instructional strategies, planning and assessment, and classroom culture (at least 3 years of experience preferred)
- At least three years' experience teaching high school in a low-income or high needs population with a track record of outstanding academic results
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Experience in school(s) which rely on digital curriculum as a means to develop basic content knowledge and skills
- Committed to researching and remaining abreast of best instructional practices that may advance our mission
- Unwavering commitment to radical transparency and radical open-mindedness
areas of responsibility include
- Create, Build, + Maintain all Academic Systems: Leading all vision work during startup and beyond for academic goals, teacher development + support, curriculum, hr systems, and project management
- Instructional Staff Support + Development: Providing ongoing coaching and professional development for instructional team
- Annual Goal Setting + Monitoring: With CEO, develop a plan of action for the year. Ensure that all Rooted's goals and academic decisions are grounded in student data and analysis
- Plan for Growth and Expansion: Potentially leading our plan to create a broader ecosystem of Rooted Schools in Indy and beyond
- Culture Creation: Every team member is responsible for helping establish Rooted's culture among students, partners, and the community-at-large
Please click here and scroll to page 4.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as comprehensive benefits package.
If you're as excited about this role as we are, email a cover letter, resume and answers to the questions in the "To Apply" section to our founder/ceo at email@example.com.
Please submit your application by February 9th @ 6pm CT.