Manager of School Environment (DEADLINE is February 9th @ 6pm CT)
In your role, you will be a lead architect in developing and executing our plan to sustain a healthy school environment for adults and students over the long-term.
As our Founding Manager of School Environment, you will work in step with our Leadership and Instructional teams build off our existing plan and further manifest our vision for Rooted's school environment.
Above all, you will help us determine how we will fulfill the Rooted Promise. This might not work. It might not be fun. I hope you’ll do it anyway.
- Demonstrates a passion for and commitment to Rooted's mission
- Thrives in a startup environment (mainly comfort with change and ambiguity, strong initiative)
- At least three years' experience in upper middle school and/or high school with a low-income or high needs population with a track record of outstanding results
- Demonstrates a personal philosophy of high expectations for students that relies upon supportive structures, secure adult attachments, and personal responsibility
- Extensive knowledge and successful implementation of restorative practices in an upper middle school and/or high school setting with a low-income or high needs population
- Experience designing proactive measures to promote student growth and success, track record of results with a low-income or nigh needs population
- Extraordinary initiative in creation, iteration and improvement of cultural systems and structures
- Strong skill in analyzing student discipline data, coupled with a deep commitment to data-driven decision making
- Highly organized with the ability to develop organizational systems that promote efficiency and efficacy
- Committed to researching and remaining abreast of best instructional practices that may advance our mission
- Unwavering commitment to radical transparency and radical open-mindedness
areas of responsibility include
- Create, revise, + maintain restorative practices systems and structures at Rooted School
- Contribute to rituals, routines, and celebrations to promote a positive and joyful school environment
- Proactively respond to student behavior by designing innovative solutions to address student needs
- Develop strong relationships with students, families, community members, and Rooted teammates
- Meticulously maintain, monitor, and report on student data (discipline, culture, and attendance), and provide student supports in response to data
- Collaborate with school counselor and Rooted teammates to effectively respond to student needs and implement behavior interventions with targeted students
- Offer coaching and supports to school teammates in effective response to student behavior and the promotion of a positive educational environment
- Ensure due process and legal compliance with all disciplinary actions, accurately document all school communication and responses to discipline
- Actively engage in creating a strong school culture. Every team member is responsible for helping establish Rooted's culture among students, partners, and the community-at-large
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as comprehensive benefits package.
If you're as excited about this role as we are, email a cover letter, resume and answers to the questions in the "To Apply" section to our founder/ceo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application by February 9th @ 6pm CT.