Founding Science Teacher (DEADLINE is February 9th @ 6pm CT)
In your role, you will be a lead architect in developing and executing our science curriculum and interventions.
As our Founding Science Teacher, you will work in step with our instructional team to establish a school-wide vision for grades 9-10 and build the curriculum to bring that vision to a reality.
Above all, you will help us determine how we will fulfill the Rooted Promise. This might not work. It might not be fun. I hope you’ll do it anyway.
- Demonstrates a passion for and commitment to Rooted's mission
- Thrives in a startup environment (mainly comfort with change and ambiguity, strong initiative)
- At least three years' Science teaching experience in upper middle school and/or high school in a low-income or high needs population with a track record of outstanding academic results
- Extensive knowledge of project-based learning in Science (Biology focus preferred)
- Exhibits a laser-focus on rigorous Science instruction
- Extraordinary initiative in creation, iteration and improvement of Science curriculum
- Strong skill in analyzing student work and student data, coupled with a deep commitment to data-driven decision making
- Experience in school(s) which rely heavily on project-based learning as a means to develop content knowledge and skills (preferred)
- Experience in school(s) which rely heavily on digital curriculum as a means to develop basic content knowledge and skills (preferred)
- Committed to researching and remaining abreast of best instructional practices that may advance our mission
- Unwavering commitment to radical transparency and radical open-mindedness
areas of responsibility include
- Create, build, + maintain Science curriculum at Rooted School
- Collaborate with other content area teachers to design cross-curricular projects and emphasize targeted skills across curriculum
- Engage in curriculum development and curation through long-term planning and unit planning for project-based curriculum and supplemental course work for Science in tandem with digital curriculum
- Meticulously monitor student data, provide frequent feedback and targeted student support in response to data
- Consistently implement and execute student interventions with flexible grouping
- Actively engage in creating a strong school culture. Every team member is responsible for helping establish Rooted's culture among students, partners, and the community-at-large
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as comprehensive benefits package.
If you're as excited about this role as we are, email a cover letter, resume and answers to the questions in the "To Apply" section to our founder/ceo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application by February 9th @ 6pm CT.