Technology Coach (DEADLINE is March 31st @ 6pm CT)
In your role, you will be one of three architects in developing and executing our tech-focused, project-based curriculum across three buckets (3D Printing, Digital Media, Game Development). You will support both sides of our technology model in the following ways daily:
Project-Based Learning: You will teach and co-curate curriculum for multiple sections of intensive 6-12 week sessions where students spend 45 minutes a day tackling a problem through the lens of learning a major tech skill (Coding, 3D Printing, Digital Media, Game Development).
Your team will establish a school-wide vision for grades 9-10 and build the curriculum to bring that vision to a reality.
Above all, you will help us get students to do adult work sooner. It won’t be easy, but we hope you’ll do it anyway.
- Demonstrates a passion for and commitment to Rooted's mission
- Thrives in a startup environment (mainly comfort with change and ambiguity, strong initiative)
- Unwavering commitment to radical transparency and radical open-mindedness
- At least two years experience teaching high school in a low-income or high needs population with a track record of outstanding academic results OR proficiency in at least one of the primary sectors we teach (i.e. Computer Programming, Digital Media, Game Development, 3D Printing)
- Ability to learn new skills rapidly and turn those new skills into well-scaffolded instructional lessons
- Committed to researching and remaining abreast of best instructional practices that may advance our mission
- Ability to participate in “moonlighting” phase for a minimum of 5-10 hours a week for spring 2018, where you will learn the skills you will need to successfully execute and design the curriculum
- Strong familiarity with Google Apps for Education (Classroom, Docs, Spreadsheets, etc.) is preferred.
areas of responsibility include
- Instruction + Support: Leading daily learning experiences that guide students toward learning entry-level hard and soft skills while solving community problems
- Curriculum Development + Curation: Short-term and long-term planning for problem-based curriculum and consultative program that guides students toward mastering entry-level hard and soft skills to work for our partners in the tech sector
- Miscellaneous Responsibilities: Leading a daily advisory group, duty posts, and anything else that may support our team along the way toward our mission
- Plan for Growth and Expansion: Potentially leading our plan to create a broader ecosystem of Rooted Schools in Indy and beyond
- Culture Creation: Every team member is responsible for helping establish Rooted's culture among students, partners, and the community-at-large
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as comprehensive benefits package.
If you're as excited about this role as we are, email a cover letter, resume and answers to the questions in the "To Apply" section to our founder/ceo at email@example.com.
Please submit your application by March 31st @ 6pm CT.